The Mahbub Ul Haq Research Center (MHRC) has announced an undergraduate call for proposals with a deadline of March 14, 2016. As part of its mission to support research culture at LUMS, MRCH is offering up to Rs. 50,000 of funding to MGSHSS undergraduates to conduct research. Funding can be applied to any faculty-mentored research project currently undertaken- either a SProj or a separate project.
How to Apply:
Applications will be submitted through email to email@example.com. The application should include:
- Basic information: The title of your project, your major, your faculty advisor (view form here)
- The original project proposal
- A tentative budget: This should be in table format. The maximum award granted is Rs. 50,000 but you can apply for portion of that
- Supplementary one-page statement: What work have you already completed on your project? How will funding improve the quality of your project?
Applications will be evaluated based on the merit of the research, the level of support from faculty, and the impact funding can have on your project. Faculty and MHRC staff will assess the strength of proposals. Successful applicants will be notified one week after the deadline and may begin to make expenditures immediately.
If you are selected:
Students who are awarded funding are required to:
- Attend and present your project at a Poster Session at the semester’s conclusion
- Complete evaluations at the end of your research
For any questions, contact Emily Ashbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org